A new year is upon us. What will you make of your new year? Whether or not you make New Year's resolutions, a new year is a great time to look at your life and make changes for the better, both big and small. Do you want to eat better? Read more? Use fewer plastics or chemicals in your home? Exercise or meditate more? Or just be more present in the everyday things? A friend of mine committed to read 122 books in 2022. She fell short of the goal with more than 100, but she learned a lot along the way! What will your goals be for the new year, and how will you implement them?
The featured photo was taken by Derek from Glacial Till Farm on the day of the Winter Solstice. We are (slowly) adding more daylight.
This Week's Features
- Buy 2, Get 1 Free of all bath salts from The Way Nature Intended. Order two and we will send you an extra for free. Mix & match. If you want a specific type, shoot me an email with your request.
- Pumpkin Spice and Candy Cane sugar scrubs are 20% off this week
- Harmony Grove Farm has your winter greens, including bibb lettuce, spinach, and microgreens
- Sweet potatoes (only 20 2-lb bags) from Detweiler Farm
- Acorn and kabocha squash
- Mushrooms are back this week, including mushroom jerky in four flavors!
There wasn't much activity on our farms the last couple of weeks besides what had to be done. It was too cold to spend much time outdoors except to care for animals and make sure they were warm enough. Your farmers love the mild weather right now because it makes all of our chores easier.
Glacial Till Farm has been busy in their propagation room getting things set up to start seeds for the new growing season.
Harmony Grove Farm continually monitors the heat in their greenhouse to make sure they keep us supplied with greens.
The chickens at Mickley Farm didn't like the cold weather. Their egg production went down drastically during the cold snap.
Bushel & a Peck Farm is working in the woods repairing tubing that animals have chewed to get to the sweet maple water. We have to patch every hole in the tubing before we tap the trees or sap will pour onto the ground instead of into our tanks. We are also closing our store at Grove City Outlets this weekend and packing everything up until October. And we have seven new lambs on our farm so far this season.
Your farmers wish you a happy and prosperous new year!