I will be off for several days in the coming weeks, so we need to adjust the share customization cut-off time so I report sales to our farmers before my days off. I will be off on the following days and will not respond to email until after I get back: 9/26-28, 10/5, 10/10-11, and 10/17-18. Thank you in advance for understanding if there is an issue with your share in the coming weeks.
This Week's Features
- Baked goods are back after a couple of weeks away to fill large orders. Enjoy the taste of fall with Pumpkin Bread or indulge in a Chocolate Brownie from Mimi's Backwoods Bakery.
- Spaghetti Squash from Detweiler Farm
- Radicchio from Spur Hollow Farm
- Lots of mushrooms! Lions Mane, Blue Oyster, and King Trumpet from Full Moon Mushrooms. And their Mushroom Jerky is back in four flavors.
- Greens, greens, greens! Get your fill from salad mix to spinach to kale to pac choi and lots more.
- Herbs: Baby Dill and Baby Cilantro from Harmony Grove Farm. Just a few of each, so customize early before they're gone.
Glacial Till Farm is constantly trying to bring you the highest quality veggies that they can. One way they accomplish this is by running a test bag of their various salad mixes with almost every batch that they harvest. We receive many comments from customers describing how well it lasts in storage. I’ve tried blow drying the greens with a fan only to find them wilted in the bag within a day. We bubble wash the dirt off and then spin dry; I spin longer than most. It takes more time but I feel it’s a better moisture level in the bag. The lettuce is perfect moisture for storage. We have stored it for two weeks and it comes out of the bag very fresh.
Full Moon Mushrooms: Check out this gorgeous mushroom soup made with Blue Oysters from Full Moon Mushrooms! Sorry, I don't have the recipe.
Recipe of the week
Caramelized Onion Spaghetti Squash. It's on my menu next week!
Thank you for supporting our local food system. Eat well!