We've been super busy at the farm lately (as you can tell by the longer newsletter this week).
This coming week is the LAST summer delivery (week 20)
Be sure to ADD A LITTLE MORE TO YOUR ORDER this time since we have a 2-week break. Stock-up on items that will keep like eggs, meats, onions, carrots, beets, squash, etc.
We are gearing up for the Fall/Winter CSA Market Box season which will start on October 31.
But, before we move on to all the great tasting crops that will get sweeter with colder weather, let us celebrate our farm staff!!
The H2A crew tirelessly plant and harvest from April to mid-November. They enjoyed a WELL-DESERVED day away from the farm. Thank you for the Tip-the-Farm-Staff contributions!
The farm crew from Mexico joined Farmer Phil and his wife at Cedar Point. We grabbed a special deal for them with Tip-the-Farm-Staff dollars.
We also have a crew of people who prep and pack your boxes each week.
- Steffanie on the top is married to a Lucas County Correction Officer and a mother of 4 children. She is labeling your boxes in this picture.
- Chloe on the left is a 2020 high school graduate. She loves her job and looks forward to packing your Fall/Winter CSA market boxes.
- Natalie on the right is a retired military vet. She is proficient at getting the meat wagon ready for our boxes.
- Not pictured is the staff at the roadside stand and a couple of retired people, and high schoolers who work limited hours.
* These LOOK very healthy!
* TASTE oh-so good!
* Harvesting PLENTY right NOW!
EAT with the season to grab the most NUTRITION!
Our Barnyard Fun & Corn Maze Weekends have kicked off!
We are looking forward to SEEING YOU this October!
- Don't miss out on the opportunity to make your way through our Hot Air Balloon Corn Maze
- Relax on the Hayride and watch the Pumpkin Cannon shoot off in the background
- Feel the fresh air on your face as you make your way down the Giant Slide
- Test your archery skills at the Veggie Slinger
- Plenty of opportunities for those cute fall family photos throughout the farm
- 20+ activities for just $11!
Open weekends in October on Saturdays from 12-7pm & Sundays 12-6pm.
Watch Week #19 CSA Market Box Unboxing...
A few video tips to help you along the way with your CSA Market Box...
LOOK who won the last Bingo Board challenge... Brenda McKinley
*** SPECIAL TREAT coming your way! ***
P.S. We will be talking about Thanksgiving turkeys soon. WATCH YOUR EMAILS!
Phil, John & Diane Riehm
Riehm Produce Farm