Current CSA Members, Ellen and Don King decided a few years ago to indulge in our Veggie Boxes after their daughter Jen alerted them to this idea of fresh and convenient veggies.
Jen wrote to us about Kalettes "I love that you are growing kalettes. We love these! One of the things I like most is that they retain their crunch and are lovely for salads even after freezing. You wouldn't think so, but a Kalette Caesar salad is lovely mid-winter. Your CSA members might want to try it!"
We encourage you to try these raw, steamed, roasted, in stir fry and salads.
You never know, they may end up being your favorite green!
Farmer Phil has made it easy for you to step out of your comfort zone this season and experience some veggies that may be new to you!
Create easy dishes with RUTABAGA by first tossing in olive oil, salt and seasonings and frying or roasting.
They mix well with regular potatoes and have less than half the calories of potatoes or sweet potatoes.
Thanksgiving is right around the corner.
Meaning your frozen Turkeys are coming this week!
Thank you to everyone who placed their orders with us!
Brian Anderson from Anderson's Farm will be at your pick-up site this week to deliver your THANKSGIVING TURKEYS. Don't miss your chance to meet the farmer responsible for those amazingly healthy and local add-on egg shares that were available in your Fall/Winter boxes.
Although the order timeframe has come and gone for the turkeys, it's not too late to add on our other great additions to your bi-weekly boxes.
- Variety Package of Chicken-of-the-month
- Whole Chicken-of-the-month
GRAB THEM NOW!, before they are gone.
USE THESE SIMPLE STEPS:
1. "Log in" to Harvie.farm
2. "Click on "place order" button (gray color)
3. "Scroll down" to add-ons.
[RPFARM VEGGIE BOX MEMBERS]
RPFarm always strives to ensure you receive everything you ordered, but sometimes items may fall through the cracks at times.
PLEASE let us know if you are ever MISSING anything in your veggie bags!
We encourage you to reach out and send us an email if you ever see something that is on your label and you did not receive it... Let us make it up to you!
Get Organized and Mark Your Calendars ahead of time.
Curious to see when your "add-ons" are scheduled for delivery...
Follow these (2) two simple steps:
1. Login to Harvie.farm
2. Select "Manage Deliveries"
[FOR THOSE WHO "ADDED-ON" TO YOUR FALL/WINTER FARM SHARES WHEN YOU SIGNED UP]
COMING NOVEMBER 15-20:
Rush to see the complete schedule in your personal Harvie.farm page. Scroll down to the yellow "Managed Deliveries" box:
* FRUIT - Evercrisp apples
* EGG SHARES - Eggs are coming this week straight from Anderson's Farm
* BREAD SHARES - The second delivery from Bella Cuisine is Rosemary Boule'
* COFFEE SHARES - A half pound of Bailiwick's Coffee by owner Jessica is hand-roasted in small batches and focuses on the defining characteristics of each specific growing region.
* HAMBURGER SHARES - Three (3) one pound frozen packages from Riehm's farm.
All the above add-ons will be included PLUS THE THANKSGIVING SHARES:
* THANKSGIVING VEGGIES SHARES
* THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY FAVORITES SHARES
* THANKSGIVING TURKEY SHARES (frozen)
COMING NOVEMBER 29- DECEMBER 4:
* FRUIT - Apples
* EGG SHARES - Healthy and local brown eggs
* BREAD SHARES - Fresh, locally baked artisan bread without preservatives
* COFFEE SHARES - A variety of the finest hand-roasted coffees
* CHICKEN-OF-THE-MONTH SHARES - This frozen share will include 3 packs of breasts, 1 pack of thighs, 1 pack of drumsticks, 1 pack winglets.
* WHOLE CHICKEN SHARES - This frozen WHOLE chicken is ONCE-A-MONTH.
* HAMBURGER SHARES - Three (3) one pound frozen packages
P.S. Do you ever want a quick answer about your personal account or delivery? Short tutorials can certainly help you at anytime of the day. There is even a place to leave a message where someone will personally help you.
Farmer Phil, John & Diane Riehm
Riehm Produce Farm