Jonie helping sort bins of squash, potatoes and carrots to get ready for pickup.
One of our Ottawa Hills CSA members, Jonie McIntire and her son Emerson have been enjoying their weekly veggie bags so much that they decided to start working at the farm. We appreciate all that our team members do to contribute in order to provide you with quality veggies and convenient pickup options.
After careful planning and LOTS of hard work in the fields, we are happy to report that we are looking at around 40 different offerings for the FIRST Fall/Winter Veggie Boxes including:
- Brussel Sprouts
- Spaghetti Squash
- AND SO MUCH MORE...
Fall/Winter Farm Shares are OH SO GOOD! We have found out over the last several years that most veggies are sweeter and more flavorful when the cold temperatures hit. TASTE THE DIFFERENCE!
NOTICE!! Your location times/days for your Fall/Winter Shares ARE DIFFERENT than the Summer Shares.
SO IN LOVE...
These two carrots fell in love on the farm and can't get enough of each other!
Our Masquerade Potato is all dressed up for Halloween!
Enjoy this specialty treat! It's a yellow with blue spots spud. Excellent roasted or baked.
Looking for ways to incorporate more Brussels Sprouts and Winter Squash into your meals?
GRAB these yummy recipes and ACT NOW so you can share your pictures and experiences in our Facebook groups. Send a request to join:
[RPFARM VEGGIE BOX MEMBERS]
1. Here is the first (1st) thing you must do before your first delivery.
You must whitelist your emails from firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a simple action that keeps your "time to customize your box" email and other email updates from going to spam.
2. Directions- Add email@example.com to your email contacts. Need to know how- Google search how to "Create Contact" for your personal email provider (gmail, yahoo, aol, outlook, etc.).
The Harvie Swap Page gives you full transparency to see exactly what you are paying for from RPFarm.
It's imperative that you notice a couple of things.
When you take items out of your "mini or base veggie share" you still have the opportunity to add items back into your box at "no charge".
It is crucial that you look right under your selected items. A box will pop-up for you if/when there is an options to add more veggies. (it will appear right "before" your extras)
THE BOX LOOKS LIKE THIS:
Sometimes for as-little-as 50 cents you can get an item that would cost you "full" price on the extra list. This ensures that you do not leave money in your cart.
*There is NOT a charge for simply swapping, but charges WILL ACCRUE if you choose a higher dollar value when you swap.
[FOR THOSE WHO "ADDED-ON" TO YOUR 20-WEEK FARM SHARES WHEN YOU SIGNED UP]
COMING NOVEMBER 2-7:
* FRUIT - Gala Apples
* EGG SHARES - Eggs are coming this week.
* BREAD SHARES - The first delivery from Bella Cuisine is Sunflower Seed. Made from wheat flour, whole wheat and sunflower seeds. Great for sandwiches.
* COFFEE SHARES - A half pound of Tiffin's own Bailiwick's Coffee by owner Jessica is hand-roasted in small batches and focuses on the defining characteristics of each specific growing region.
* HAMBURGER-OF-THE-MONTH SHARES - Three (3) one pound packages (Just processed another steer, so more hamburger shares NOW are available)
* CHICKEN-OF-THE-MONTH SHARES - This frozen share will include 3 packs of breasts, 1 pack of thighs, 1 pack of drumsticks, 1 pack winglets.
* WHOLE CHICKEN SHARES - This frozen WHOLE chicken is ONCE-A-MONTH.
COMING NOVEMBER 15-20:
Rush to see the complete schedule in your personal Harvie.farm page. Scroll down to the yellow "Managed Deliveries" box:
All the above add-ons will be included PLUS THE THANKSGIVING SHARES: