Whoo-hoo... the well trained and efficient H2A FIELD CREW is finally on the bus headed to RPFarm!
The expected arrival of (6) Six team members was originally April 1st. Things got temporarily stuck in the process. We are super excited that they are on their way!
Both Farmer Phil and John along with Uncle Paul have pulled several long hours. Almost past their capabilities.
The tremendous hours and excellent stamina that God has provided us during this difficult time has resulted in beautiful looking crops in the field.
Please welcome!! Jacob, Victor, Marcos, Osmondo, Jorge and Ignacio.
The Harvie Swap Page gives you full transparency to see exactly what you are paying for from RPFarm.
It's imperative that you notice a couple of things.
When you take items out of your "mini or base veggie share" you still have the opportunity to add items back into your box at "no charge".
It is crucial that you look right under your selected items. A box will pop-up for you if/when there is an options to add more veggies. (it will appear right "before" your extras)
THE BOX LOOKS LIKE THIS:
Sometimes for as-little-as 50 cents you can get an item that would cost you "full" price on the extra list. This ensures that you do not leave money in your cart.
*There is NOT a charge for simply swapping, but charges WILL ACCRUE if you choose a higher dollar value when you swap.
Happy to report!!! Thanks to your generosity in donating CSA shares, we have 6 homes able to receive 20 weekly veggie bags this summer from our "Donation Add-ons"!
* Our sixth donated CSA share goes to the Cox family of 7. Mom and dad have 2 biological children, 3 adopted children and 2 more they are fostering in hopes of adopting. This loving family has started a small garden to grow veggies, but appreciate the help they get for their growing family.
EEK!!! Spiders... Moths... Rancid Flour
Bay leaves are your SOLUTION!
This was a popular post on RPFarm's social media recently.
Spiders: Cut in half in the corners of your windowsill.
Moths: Use in your pantry.
Flour: Add to keep it fresh longer.
*For a limited time...Bay leaves will be on the "EXTRA" list for you to purchase this week.
[FOR THOSE WHO "ADDED-ON" TO YOUR 20-WEEK FARM SHARES WHEN YOU SIGNED UP]
Rush to see the complete schedule in your personal Harvie.farm page. Scroll down to the yellow "Managed Deliveries" box:
COMING JULY 20-JULY 25:
* FRUIT SHARES - Blueberries and possibly cherries, blackberries or peaches.
* BREAD SHARES - Cranberry Walnut: A sourdough bread that is made from wheat flour, whole wheat, dried cranberries and walnuts.
* COFFEE-OF-THE-MONTH SHARES - Ethiopia Yirgacheffe: A light-roasted coffee that is sweet and fruity with notes of apricots, blueberries, and honey.
COMING JULY 27-AUGUST 1:
* FRUIT SHARES - Will update next week's ripe fruit.
* EGG SHARES - These un-size eggs from Anderson’s Local Farm have beautiful dark yellow yolks that stand up when you crack them.
* FLOWERS SHARES - Local farmer, Kristy Buskirk, handcrafts each bouquet she grows from her land at Clay Hill Farm.
COMING AUGUST 3-AUGUST 8:
* FRUIT SHARES - Stay tuned...
* BEEF-OF-THE-MONTH SHARES- Roast and sirloin steak