We're a little behind schedule launching this week's customization window because Farmer Mike was out in the fields, planting lots of things that we'll get to enjoy in a few weeks, and finding some hidden treasures on the farm that we're excited to offer this week. I've extended the cutoff time to 8AM this Tuesday, just to give everyone a little bit more time to make swaps and order extras. Thanks for working with our timeline each week! It really helps to keep things moving smoothly on the farm.
New This Week
- We're putting zucchini on the list! To the best of our knowledge, we'll be harvesting enough for everyone, but if things don't shape up as expected, we may need to take it off. We'll keep you updated if necessary!
- Bok Choy - you may already know and love this crispy, delicious Asian green. If not, give it a try this week! It's great in soups, or sauteed with garlic, coconut or sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger, fish sauce, pepper...lots of possibilities.
- Spring Garlic - fresh, uncured garlic has a more mild flavor with less spice than cured garlic, and the whole plant is edible! Goes great in pesto, homemade salad dressings, or chopped and added into salads, eggs, really anything that could use a little garlic flavor (which is everything, right?).
- White Scallions - smaller than the spring onions we've been sharing lately, but really top-notch! Farmer Mike is especially happy with these ones.
We also have small bunches of a few different types of basil to choose from this week:
- Italian basil - most common type of basil, classic flavor.
- Red Thai basil - commonly served with pho, fresh spring rolls, and Thai dishes.
- Lemon basil - often found at Asian markets, and used in Thai and Lao cooking; distinct lemon flavor with sweetness in the background.
- Cinnamon basil - spicy and sweet variety that is most often used in teas and baking.
Just want to remind everyone that extras, including eggs, milk and fruit shares, should ONLY be picked up if you've confirmed that you ordered them, and they're printed on your label. Eggs, milk and fruit are not automatically included with your membership, but they're still available! You can add them to your membership today, or place one-time orders through the farm stand during this period of customization.
Fruit share is strawberries again this week. Strawberry season comes and goes way too fast, so enjoy it while it's here!
New Kombucha Flavors include mango honeybush, sour cherry, turmeric love, and salted guava. Almost too good to describe in words! If you enjoy kombucha, you can't go wrong.
Talking Breads: Loaves of organic, locally sourced and homemade bread are on sale for $1 off this week! Frozen fresh after baking. Let them continue to thaw on the countertop, or pop them in the oven for 15 minutes at 350 degrees, sprinkle a few drops of water on top, and reheat them to enjoy crispy, warm bread.
Earth Pig Soil Mix - We're making a few bags of Farmer Mike's potting soil mix available to purchase this week. Made by hand on the farm, this is one of our secret weapons for thriving plants. Learn more on our website here.
Diem's Flowers will be available soon as an add-on share, or for purchase through the farm stand. Diem is Farmer Mike's wife, and has been lending her essential helping hands to the farm for many years. She's also an acupuncturist and Chinese medicine practitioner, and everything she does is infused with care and beauty, so naturally, her flower bouquets are pretty incredible. Stay tuned!
We want to thank you for joining us this season, and for helping us get off to a great start. Many more good things are on the horizon. Enjoy your farm fresh food this week!
Morgan + The Earth Spring Farm Team