We are enjoying the extended mild fall weather right now and using the opportunity to get the rest of our storage crops harvested. It is probably the latest we have been working on this, but the carrot harvest this fall is probably the biggest we've had to date. The carrots themselves so far seem to be of superb quality so we're pretty excited going into this winter! This week we are adding parsnips to the list for the first time (it may be a small amount this week but will be much more in future weeks).
Here's what we have on offer this week from off the farm:
- Organic gala apples (3lb bag) from BC (Pfennings)
- Organic spartan apples (3lb bag) from BC (Pfennings)
- Organic bartlett pears from BC (Pfennings)
- Organic anjou pears from Washington state (Pfennings)
- Great Lakes farms Honey Crisp apples (NOT ORGANIC)
- Great Lakes farms Empire apples (NOT ORGANIC)
- Butternut squash: organic, Hope ECO farms Aylmer
- yellow onions: organic, Pfennings in Baden (near Kitchener)
- mushrooms: organic from a producer near Leamington (from Pfennings)
- Eggs! from Amish farms in the Aylmer area: 18 count small eggs. These are fed GMO free but not necessarily organic feed. They are all from 100 or less flocks on different farms, graded at Harold Stoll's farm.