Things to say:
This week we will be using our new boxes with all of our delivery shares. Inside the boxes we will be using plastic liners. Our goal is to reuse the boxes (and maybe the liners where appropriate) as much as possible. We are going to be working to reduce the amount that we bag individual items inside the box. This may take some experimentation so bear with us while we work our way through this transition.
For delivery shares, please leave out your boxes the following week and we will pick them up and reuse them. They can be flattened and stored between deliveries. If the weather is cooperative (i.e. not below 0!) for the week we will just leave the box with you for delivery.
Here's what we have on offer this week from off the farm:
- Organic gala apples (3lb bag) from BC (Pfennings)
- Organic spartan apples (3lb bag) from BC (Pfennings)
- Organic bartlett pears from USA (Pfennings)
- Organic avocadoes from Mexico (Pfennings)
- Great Lakes farms Honey Crisp apples (NOT ORGANIC)
- Great Lakes farms Empire apples (NOT ORGANIC)
- Great Lakes farms Mutsu apples (NOT ORGANIC)
- 1 lb and 3 lb Garlic from Our Fields Farm Aylmer (Organic practices)
- Butternut squash: organic, Hope ECO farms Aylmer
- yellow onions: organic, Pfennings in Baden (near Kitchener)
- mushrooms: organic from a producer near Leamington (from Pfennings)
- Eggs! from Amish farms in the Aylmer area: 18 count small eggs. These are fed GMO free but not necessarily organic feed. They are all from 100 or less flocks on different farms, graded at Harold Stoll's farm.