Have a happy 4th of July from Riehm Produce Farm!!
Try a trick that's been popular with one of our CSA members when making her staple kale chips.
Toss them with a tiny amount of EVOO and seasons with salt and vinegar seasoning. For an interesting flavor, add sour cream and onion seasoning and cook them in your air fryer.
Find out more instructions for kale, including opportunities to keeping your greens fresher and longer-lasting.
Find 7 steps HERE: Rinse/Blanch/Shock/Squeeze/Pack tightly/Freeze/Package
CHECK THIS OUT!!
Lettuce is the second most popular fresh veggie in the United States!
DID YOU KNOW THIS THRILLING FACT??
An average American eats about 30 lbs of lettuce a year! That’s a LOT of salads!
This is why we plant new lettuce seeds EVERY 2 WEEKS. We also plant varieties that we know grow the best during specific seasons on the farm. Like August when it's hot or June when it's cool.
Couldn't find time to review all the emails Harvie sent when you signed up?
OF COURSE THAT'S NORMAL.
Start today by getting more out of your Farm Share experience. There are a lot of easy answers to guide you any time of day. RPFarm has also created several fun items to help you become a great home cook.
DISCOVER a TON HERE:
- How the Payment Plan Works/How to Swap/Changing Delivery Dates/Vacation Holds/ And so much more...
- eBooks/pdf files
- Sheet Pan ideas/eBook/Searchable by Vegetable
You'll find your quick reference, pinned to the top of the "Announcements" in our closed Facebook group.
Please read and adhere to the rules of the group.
Feel free to ask questions in the feed also and remember you are not alone, we have everyone from longtime CSA members to newbies present here.
Amazing news!!! Thanks to your generosity in donating CSA shares, we have 6 homes able to receive 20 weekly veggie bags this summer from our "Donation Add-ons"!
* Our fourth donated CSA share goes to an elderly woman on a fixed income working at Arby's. Nothing goes to waste with her! She uses the veggies, along with food from local pantries to supplement her food supply.
Catch up on the fifth family donation next week... We can't wait to tell you about the next father who eats vegetables like candy!
[FOR THOSE WHO "ADDED-ON" TO YOUR 20-WEEK FARM SHARES WHEN YOU SIGNED UP]
See complete schedule in your personal Harvie.farm page. Scroll down to the yellow "Managed Deliveries" box:
COMING JULY 6-JULY 11:
* FRUIT SHARES - Sweet cherries
* BREAD SHARES - This delivery is Oatmeal Maple
* BEEF-OF-THE-MONTH SHARES- (2) Second of 4 deliveries
COMING JULY 13-JULY 18:
* FRUIT SHARES - Will update in next week's newsletter
* CHICKEN-OF-THE-MONTH SHARES - 5 piece frozen package is expected this week as long as the butcher can keep up
* HAMBURGER-OF-THE-MONTH SHARES - Quantity (3) packages of one lb. bulk
COMING JULY 20-JULY 25:
* BREAD SHARES - Featuring Local artisan bread baker, Linda Lambert, who handcrafts fresh bread daily.
* COFFEE-OF-THE-MONTH SHARES - Freshness and quality go hand and hand. Welcome the finest specialty coffees to your morning routine!