The first week of your 2020 CSA has arrived! Thank you so very much for supporting our small family farm with your membership. We have a great season planned and are glad you will be sharing in the harvests. It is our pleasure to provide you with safe, healthy, local food.
This week is all about the greens! Typical of spring and fall, greens enjoy cooler weather and are among the first crops ready to harvest. We currently have Romaine and Salanova Lettuce Heads (pictured), Salad Mix, Spinach, Arugula, Chard, Beet Greens, and Kale. Also available this week are Spring Onions, Apples, and a very limited amount of Radishes and Broccoli. All items automatically go into your shares based on your preferences and availability. You have until Tuesday at 8 am to customize your share by swapping items and/or adding extras.
Extra add on items available this week are Eggs, Cheese, Honey, Kombucha, Canned Peaches, and Applesauce.
Members with a Farm Extras Shares will be getting a lb of Honey included in their share.
When picking up your share, please remember to wear a face covering, bring your own bags, and retrieve any items that must be refrigerated from the cooler.
Familiarize yourself with your Harvie account: www.harvie.farm/login. On your profile, you can view your delivery details and make changes, such as rescheduling a box or placing a hold. Visit https://harvie.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001542234-What-can-I-do-in-My-Profile- for information about your navigating your profile.
Update your preferences (rate our list of produce). Since our CSA is customizable, it is critical that we know what foods you want in your boxes. Read all about how preferences work here: https://harvie.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021794754-How-do-preferences-work-
Put your CSA pick up on your calendar every week. While you can make changes IN ADVANCE if you cannot pick up your box, it makes us very sad if you just simply forget to pick up your food. Boxes that are not picked up during the scheduled pick up times will be donated to the pick-up location. Contact Ben if you have any questions.
Check your email. You will receive an email at least 2 days in advance with the list of items that will be packed in your next CSA box. You then have time to customize your share and order any extra items. Wednesday pick ups must make any changes by Tuesday morning. Saturday members must make any changes by Friday morning.
Join our Pleasant Hill Produce CSA facebook group. It’s a nice way to connect, share pictures, look for inspiration, and ask any questions. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1729261260620459/
What do you do on pick up day?
- Drive to your pick up location with your shopping bags and face covering. - Please be respectful to the pick-up location and other CSA members.
- Find CSA box labeled with your name. They will be in alphabetical order by last name. At the home farm, boxes are on the front porch. At the Arnold residence, boxes are in the garage. At Serendipity Market, boxes are on the shelves in the center of the store, across from the kitchen.
- Empty your labeled box into your shopping bags.
- Break down your box and stack them neatly. Please be careful not to tear the box when breaking down. Push down on tabs to open, DO NOT PULL.
- Pick up any extra items on your label from the coolers (eggs, kombucha, cheese, etc.). These will be highlighted on your label as a reminder they are in the cooler.
- Double check your label to make sure you have everything you ordered. - Return egg cartons, empty bottles, and all packaging except for bags. - Go home and unpack your share. Use proper storage techniques to ensure your produce will stay fresh for as long as possible. Most all items should be stored in a bag in the fridge.
- Enjoy your fresh produce!
What if you cannot pick up your box? You have several options:
- Reschedule or create a hold through your Harvie profile. If you reschedule, you will get a double share to the week you reschedule to. You can also keep it on hold and will get a box after week 25.
- Reschedule your pick up day for the week through your Harvie profile (ex. Wednesday pick up can change to pick up on Saturday and vice versa).
- Have friend to pick it up for you. Please give them all details they may need.
- Should there be an emergency, please call Ben 301-471-2699.
Be Healthy, Be Happy,
The Sayler Family