Farm Happenings at Hoot Owl Farm
Back to farm profile

Farm Happenings at Hoot Owl Farm

CSA Week #3 - Customize

Posted on June 12th, 2024
Better late than never, right?! We decided to try our hand at petunia hanging baskets this year, but didn't quite time them right, lol. They're just starting to sprawl and bloom like crazy now. So we're offering them up to you guys as add ons to your boxes this week! We've already written a note fo1 read more »

CSA Week #4 - Pick Up

Posted on June 7th, 2024
It's time to pick up your share this week. We're excited to see you at pick up, but we doubt you'll be able to rival the enthusiasm of these two (though we challenge you to try!).  We're just catching our breath after a very busy packing morning followed by a big afternoon of planting. We mana1 read more »

CSA Week #3 - Customize

Posted on June 5th, 2024
  This past week was a stressful one on the farm! The surprise frost warning did it's job and warned us with (just barely) enough time to protect our sensitive crops. And though we were cursing it at the time, we are very grateful for the warning because it turned out that we did get signi1 read more »

CSA Week #3 - Pick Up

Posted on May 31st, 2024
  Remember to swing by your pick up place this week to grab your box! This week has been a real fluctuator in terms of weather. We were drowning in our boots on Monday and now here it is Wednesday afternoon, and we're feeling slightly sun burned, and if the forecast holds, we'd better take eva1 read more »

CSA Week #2 - Customize

Posted on May 29th, 2024
Week #1 went great, we're on to week #2 of the CSA season. For some of you (on an every other week schedule) this will be your first share. Welcome to all of our new members! Each week that you have a pick up, you'll get an email like this with any updates, news from the farm, reminders, and the ev1 read more »

CSA Week #2 - Pick Up

Posted on May 24th, 2024
Payment Plan Reminder...Most of you are on the default payment plan for your CSA Share (unless you opted to pay all at once): When you signed up, you were charged 25% of the total cost of the CSA share. At your first pick up, you'll be charged another 25%, and the remaining 50% will be spread acros1 read more »

CSA Week #1 - Customize

Posted on May 22nd, 2024
It's that time! Time to grab your first CSA box of the season - we look forward to seeing you all at your pick up! Welcome to all of our new members! Each week that you have a pick up, you'll get an email like this with any updates, news from the farm, reminders, and the ever important link to chec1 read more »

CSA Week #1 - Pick Up

Posted on May 17th, 2024
Remember to swing by your pick up place this week to grab your first box of the season! Market pick up: We'll be at the Farmers Market tomorrow from 3-6:30. We keep your boxes chilling in Vanna White, so it doesn't matter when you come in that window, your produce will be cool and fresh. The market1 read more »

Pop-Up Week #23 - Order

Posted on October 25th, 2023
The weather is about to change, but our produce availability has not! We're likely done doing pop-up stands for the year, but we plan to offer farm stand boxes as long as we have produce to offer...and we do! So grab a box between now and Monday at noon for pick up next week. Both pick up options w1 read more »