Hi CSA members! This weekend, we were reminded why a community supported model is so vital for small farms. Our Saturday members know that we had a very unfortunately timed truck breakdown on the way to market. For all those affected members, I'll be sending an email with more specific instructions for your rescheduled Tuesday pickup ASAP. A quick update for all members:
Tuesday Pop-Up Market in Mt. Pleasant, DC: 3pm - 7pm!
An amazing friend of the farm is graciously allowing us to use his family's driveway across the street from the regular Mt. Pleasant market plaza, on the 17th street side, for our CSA pickup and a pop-up market! We have TONS of fresh, beautiful veggies, eggs, milk, flowers, and all the goodies that were headed to our busy market on Saturday, and we need to do everything we can to get all this fresh food out to our community in DC. We need your help! Here are a few quick and easy things you can do to help us prevent all this food from going into the compost pile:
- SHARE the pop-up market with everyone. Even if you're a PA member, sharing our social media posts about the market will help boost visibility for everyone. Simply sharing, commenting, and tagging people you may know in the DC area is a huge help! Find us on Facebook and Instagram.
- SEND a message about the market to your Facebook groups, Listservs, NextDoor neighbors, and any other social media groups to spread the word.
- COME VISIT! Our Palisades and Uptown members will have pickups in their neighborhoods, but if your family could use some extra produce this week, and you're able to make a trip out to Mt. Pleasant, we would love to see you there! Every little bit goes a long way.
As always, thanks so much to all of you! We couldn't do this without you, and we appreciate our members every single day.
Now for the weekly CSA business...
- This week we've got sweet corn from Peters Orchard! Hello, late summer cookouts. Please note that this corn is GMO free - like everything we grow and sell - but is NOT organic.
- Fruit Share: Peaches! These have been an absolute favorite this summer. We may have donut peaches, but we're not 100% sure yet. Either way, all the peaches have been incredible, and they're available as a one-time fruit share in the extras store.
- Lots of summer squash, watermelon + Apple Valley Butter (still one sale)! They'll be gone with the end of summer before we know it, so stock up =)
- Kale and radish microgreens will be back soon, and lots of it! We're in a bit of a drought right now, but we should be in the clear soon.
Thanks again everyone. Be well!
Morgan + The Earth Spring Farm Team