This week, we've got a real summer season share for you. Cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, basil, zucchini, crunchy fresh green cabbage and kohlrabi are all on the menu. We have Farmhouse Feta cheese, fresh sourdough bread, Turmeric Love kombucha and grassfed Italian Sausage for sale in the extras section, to make a brilliant cookout or a lovely picnic with locally sourced foods. Treat yourself to healthy food, and enjoy being part of our community of great local growers and artisans, even while we're still keeping our physical distance.
- It's HOT! The greens are taking a break, since they don't do well with the heat, but they'll be back soon. We expect to have kale, Swiss chard, and maybe lettuce again by next week. Meanwhile, we're just getting started with tomatoes. We've got cherry tomatoes again this week, with tons of heirloom varieties to look forward to over the next few weeks.
- We have dill flowers this week! Use them the same as you would fresh dill, in salads, soups, pickles or dressings. They can also be frozen in a ziploc bag and stored for later use, maybe to bring back a little summer on a rainy day.
- Fresh garlic is such a treat. It's juicy and more mild-flavored than cured garlic, so it's perfect for adding to anything and everything. Fresh garlic is especially great for roasting.
How to roast garlic: Remove loose outer skins from the head and cut off the top to expose the cloves. Set in a baking dish or on foil, drizzle with olive oil, and roast at 350°F until tender, about 45 minutes. Squeeze the cloves out when they’re cool enough to handle. You can also break apart garlic heads and roast individual cloves this way, too.
Share your share...
We would love to see how you're using your ESF produce each week. Tag us on Instagram (@earthspringfarm) and Facebook with your favorite recipes, meals, veggie glamour shots...we love it all!
- We're happy to take egg carton returns! Cartons will be set aside in the barn for at least two weeks before reusing.
- Please return CLEAN milk bottles every week, so we can keep up with returns to Apple Valley, and help prevent bottle shortages for them. Label with sharpie so we can track your returns.
- CSA boxes should be returned each week, so we can let them rest for two weeks before reusing. Collapse boxes following the instructions below!
Stay safe, stay cool, and enjoy your week!
Morgan + The Earth Spring Farm team