Everything is bursting!
It's almost July in Tennessee, which means everything is bursting! A few weeks of hot weather and rain make for lots of growth in the gardens. The summer squash and cucumbers are really coming on, and the cherry tomatoes are beginning to blush! Expect those in your boxes within a week or two. Our farm crew went ahead and dug all our potatoes up due to disease. We didn't get too many, but we salvaged what we could. Each season brings unique challenges, lessons and failures. Farming reminds us that we are always at the humbling mercy of nature. We hope you enjoy this week's bounty!
What's in the box:
- Baby Greens
- Summer Squash
- Bunching Onions
- Baby Carrots
Extras: Right now extras are only available to those with a meat share.
- Flowers- Grown right here are the farm! We are starting the season off with these gorgeous mini bouquets.
- Whole Chickens- Pasture raised, Non-GMO chickens from Underground Farmers
- Bread- Sourdough, Baguettes, Ciabatta, Brioche loaves from Lillian St. Bread. We pick this bread up freshly baked on Tuesday morning. It might even be warm when you get it!
- Honey- Sourwood, Light, and Dark Wildflower honey from TN Artisan Honey
- Greener Roots- Living basil, chervil, lovage, sorrel