Harvie Pittsburgh is a local foods home delivery service based in Pittsburgh, PA. Founded in 2020 with a mission to make it as simple as possible for families to have access to local foods, Harvie Pittsburgh is a full grocery model that emphasizes customization and convenience. Harvie Kitchen is a new department focusing on minimizing food waste through prepared meals, bakery items, cut fruit and vegetables, and more!
About the Position
We are looking for smart and motivated individuals who want to work in a start-up as a Prep Cook. Each week the Harvie kitchen crew works together in our shared kitchen space to prepare food to be sold online through Harvie where members can shop and customize their grocery order. Unlike a physical grocery store, all boxes are delivered to member homes, so you won’t have any customer interaction throughout your day. Steps for advancement on our hourly career ladder are discussed in regular one on one meetings.
- Follow prep list created by Kitchen Lead or Manager
- Ensure all food and other items are stored and labeled properly
- Undertake basic cooking duties and prepare simple dishes
- Efficiently prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat, measuring ingredients, etc.
- Count, label, and pack finished product for delivery to the Harvie warehouse
- Weigh and package bulk products such as olives, rice, and lentils
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash, sweeping, etc.
- Adhere to state health and internal safety practices
- Seeking full-time employees in Pittsburgh, PA
- Compensation begins at $15/hour with opportunities for growth
- Benefits include:
- Health insurance: medical, dental, and vision
- Paid time off: vacation, sick, and floating holidays of your choice
- 30% off your own Harvie box!
- 401k with up to 4% company matching
- Paid parental leave
- Paid lunch breaks
- Typical shifts: Monday– Fri 7am – 3pm
- Experience in fast-paced production facilities, grocery stores, restaurants, or other food establishments
- A connection to food and/or agriculture and interested in supporting local farms
- Able to do physical, repetitive tasks that involve some heavy lifting
- Reliable and efficient worker with an extremely high attention to detail
- Motivated to communicate and work well with a team
- Interested in learning more about cooking and preparing local food
- Able to be compliant with our mandatory vaccination policy