Harvie is a grocery home delivery service based in Lawrenceville that was founded in 2020 with a mission to make it as simple as possible for families to have access to local foods. Get to know our team at https://eatharvie.com/behindthebox!
Each week the Harvie crew works together in our Pittsburgh warehouse to aggregate products from our farm and producer partners and create customized grocery boxes for customers. Products include produce, eggs, milk, cheese, bread, meat, flowers, and many other items to create a full grocery experience. Unlike a physical grocery store, all boxes are delivered to member homes, so you won’t have any customer interaction throughout your day.
About the Position
We are looking for smart and motivated individuals who want to work in a start-up food hub environment as our Freezer Lead. As such you will contribute to our mission of helping small farms and producers beat the big guys by committing to the storage, organization, quality control, and efficiency of the freezer section of our warehouse and ensuring that our members receive the best groceries in Pittsburgh every single week!
- Guides all Freezer Associates in the Frozen Department before, during, and after box packing to ensure quality, accuracy, and efficiency are maintained
- Leads the team in the accurate tracking of freezer inventory and works through any issues with the Sourcing Department
- Organizes freezer products in storage as well as on the line according to food safety guidelines and ensuring a safe and efficient usage of the space for our employees
- Works closely with the Receiving and Sourcing Departments to ensure products are arriving on time and in the right condition; proposes solutions for future deliveries
- Collaborates with the Fulfillment Manager and other area leads to improve the efficiency and accuracy of box packing as the expert on the freezer line’s intricacies
- Aids in the continual training process of Freezer Associates and helps determine which employees would be best suited to work on this team
- Fills into packing, inventory, and other roles as needed
- Relays when new team members are needed to the Operations Manager with overall efficiency and labor costs in mind
- Seeking full-time employees in Pittsburgh, PA
- Compensation begins at $18/hour
- Full time shift: Mondays 9am – 4pm, Tuesdays – Friday 8am – 4pm
- Benefits include:
- Health insurance: medical, vision and dental covered at 70% by Harvie
- Paid time off: vacation, personal, and floating holidays of your choice
- Paid lunch breaks
- 401k with up to 4% company matching
- Paid parental leave
- 30% off your own weekly grocery box!
- Comfortable working in a freezer at various intervals throughout shift
- Strong knowledge of quality control and food safety best practices
- Experience in fast-paced production facilities, grocery stores, or restaurants
- Personal connection to agriculture and interested in supporting local farms
- Able to do physical, repetitive tasks that involve heavy lifting and maneuvering on a warehouse floor
- Reliable and efficient worker with an extremely high attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communicator with a natural ability to lead others
- Able to make effective decisions in fast-paced environments with composure and without having to consult superiors
- Adept at entering accurate data for inventory, safety and quality reports as needed