Harvie (http://harvie.farm) is rebuilding our food system to better support small farmers and producers and make it easier for consumers to eat locally. Harvie supports small farms throughout the country as a software to manage their CSA programs and provide the ability to customize. In our home-base of Pittsburgh, Harvie runs a home-delivered local grocery subscription program, providing members with weekly grocery boxes sourced from local and regional farmers and artisans.
This program is growing rapidly, and we are seeking a boots-on-the-ground community marketing professional based in Pittsburgh to join our remote marketing team and help us grow Harvie’s Pittsburgh program (harviepittsburgh.com).
About the position
An enthusiastic people-person and excellent communicator, this person will focus on gathering compelling local content and growing Harvie’s social media presence. They will spend their time out and about in the community, conducting interviews, and shooting video and photos to help tell the Harvie story, working closely with our 80+partner farms and artisans. They will be a key part of helping grow our Pittsburgh program, working creatively in the community to raise awareness about Harvie and grow our membership.
This is an exciting opportunity for an up and coming marketing professional looking to grow their career on a dynamic team working towards a bold vision of changing our food system for the better.
- Generate high quality visual and written local content by visiting our partner farms and artisans to conduct interviews, and shooting photos and videos to help tell Harvie’s story and connect our members with the people behind their food
- Manage and grow Harvie’s organic social media presence, creating compelling local content and using it to strategically generate leads and drive conversions to grow Harvie’s member base
- Work with Harvie’s paid social media consultant, creating content for them to use in ads
- Engage closely with Harvie’s members, managing our facebook community group to build member engagement, gain key insights about our audience and our product, and build up a library of user generated content to use across our marketing efforts
- Build and maintain community partnerships to support member acquisition efforts
- Help design and implement “guerilla marketing” efforts across Pittsburgh to creatively build awareness about Harvie in the community and drive sales
- Leverage community events to build Harvie’s following, representing us at partner events, and coordinating our own events where applicable
- 2+ years of experience in organic social media management, with proven track record of growing online communities
- 1+ year of experience managing facebook or other digital ads
- People-person with a passion for local food and enthusiasm for sharing it with others
- Excellent communicator orally and in writing, with experience writing marketing copy for various applications
- A go-getter who is highly motivated to work creatively and collaboratively towards team goals
- Experience or interest in photography and videography
- Data-driven and motivated by moving the numbers to help us hit our goals
- Design experience preferred
- Full-time position based in Pittsburgh, PA
- Salary range from $48-59K/year
- This position will mostly work from their home office, with frequent visits to our Pittsburgh distribution center, and time out and about in the community.
- 50% off your Harvie membership
- Health benefits inc. vision and dental, retirement plan, and paid time off
- Remote work office stipend
- Education stipend
- Equal Opportunity Employer
Submit cover letter and resume via our application form: https://airtable.com/shr2bF0ff52ceG9b9