Member Support Specialist
Harvie (http://harvie.farm) connects local consumers with local farmers who deliver shares of farm fresh products customized to their personal preferences.
Our company was started in 2006 to meet the technology and marketing needs of local farmers across the US, Canada, and internationally and has served 1000’s of farms in the last 13 years. We have since evolved into the Harvie platform, which was introduced in late 2016 to address the changing landscape of food buying and to help farmers grow sales and profit by making local food more accessible through a customer friendly CSA / farm share model. The concept has grown rapidly. In 2020, Harvie has helped 200 farmers serve approximately 100,000 end consumers.
At Harvie, we believe all employees benefit from starting their Harvie career journey in our Member Support department. This department is the stepping stone where everyone will learn the software from the ground up and get a feel for our company “voice” as we build relationships with our farmers and members. We are a young and growing company and encourage professional development every step of the way. We’ll work with every team member to identify their strengths and set a career path that best fits their unique assets and the needs of our company.
About the Position
The Harvie Member Support Specialists work as the front line of customer support for assisting our partner farms’ members navigate their subscriptions through the Harvie platform. Support requests come in primarily through emails in a ticketing system but also by phone. Supporting our farmers’ members often involves tasks such as helping them get signed up, scheduling vacations, making cancellations, processing refunds, billing questions, technical difficulties, and other account management issues.
As with any small company, this position will be multidisciplinary and will occasionally include work involving other aspects of the company including marketing, product development and testing. This is an exciting opportunity for independent, self-starting individuals who are ready to grow with Harvie.
We are an all remote team so collaboration, communication and the ability to document and manage tasks are key!
- Independently manage a high volume of member support requests coming from both farmers and members
- Quickly learn the ins and outs of our Harvie platform to best advise members and farmers
- Respond to tickets within our designated time limits based on priority
- Answer tickets with our company “voice” and Style Guide in mind
- Seek out help from the appropriate avenues when needed to provide the best possible answers
- Work in collaboration with a team of member support specialists, farm account managers, and software developers to diagnose issues and address potential bugs
- Stay up-to-date on documentation and new software developments to ensure you’re advising farms and members appropriately
- Full-time position
- Competitive starting salary range from $45 – $55k
- Health benefits inc. vision and dental, retirement plan, and paid vacation
- Harvie farm share paid for by the company!
- Remote work office stipend if working remotely
- Office on North Shore of Pittsburgh, 10 minute walk from downtown, free parking
- Full-time work is 40 hours a week including some regular weekend coverage required
- Equal Opportunity Employer
- Passionate for Harvie and our mission to help small farms beat the big guys
- Natural problem-solver with the ability to deductively get to root causes of problems
- Able to manage and reach multiple goals simultaneously
- Highly organized and attentive to detail
- A thoughtful communicator with the ability to handle a high volume of communications from various channels while being mindful of tone and empathy
- Able to write friendly, grammatically correct, and clear support emails
- Able to explain technical concepts in a non-technical manner
- Advanced computational skills
- Comfort with friendly phone support — support is unscripted and requests are often unique
- Able to work independently yet collaboratively
- Able to learn or have experience with web-based utilities such as Google Suite (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets), Zendesk, Atlassian Suite, Guru, Slack, and Zoom