Let's get this party started!
Our CSA season is finally here. What?! We’ve got a great crew this year, we are now over 50 members strong!!! I can’t thank you enough for joining us, we hope you’re looking forward to all the awesome food that you’ll be getting these next 14 weeks.
As a special welcome treat we were able to score some beautiful strawberries. Make sure you eat these ASAP they’re super ripe and juicy. They would even make an awesome jam if you can resist eating them all in the car ride home.
The other stars of our first week are our beautiful living lettuce and super sweet carrots!
On the farm the greens are looking extra lush and beautiful right now and we just had what we sincerely hope is the last frost of the year. We’ve built out another ten plus beds these past two weeks and have been busy planting new successions of baby greens and roots. This week we’ll also be putting tomatoes, cucumbers, and dahlias into the ground. They’ll be ready for harvest before we know it.
I just want to reiterate how huge your support of our CSA is. You are supporting our posse of local farmers as we continue to do what we love. These past few weeks have been nothing short of crazy but if we all band together as a community we can build up the things that really matter like healthy food systems and strong relationships. Again, thank you!
A few notes/reminders:
- Bring a reusable bag for West of 3rd Pick-Ups. We pack your food individually in totes and need to bring them home with us.
- Set your coolers on your front porch for home delivery.
- On the availability list, RBG CNG signifies that the produce was grown on our farm and is certified naturally grown. Strawberries this week are from Indio, CA. All other produce is grown by one of our partner farms in Golden Valley.
- If you are self-quarantining and need delivery for the time being you can go into your profile and switch your pick-up location to home delivery.
- If you want to share a picture of your lovely haul (highly encouraged) please make sure to tag us @rosebirdgardens and #rosebirdcsa !
- Don't forget you can add extra produce, eggs, and flowers when you go to customize your share if you need anything extra.