We are already halfway through with the Fall CSA, can you believe it?!
Well, the cold and snow finally made its legitimate appearance on the farm this week and we are bracing ourselves, the animals and the crops for lows in the teens and twenties going forward. We still have root crops in the ground and will be using every sunny moment above 32 degrees to continue bringing in the harvest for winter eating!
We DO have CSA pick up at Goldenrod and The Farm on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving (11/21)!
If you will NOT be available to pick up your share on 11/21 (or any other time) here are your options:
- have someone else pick up your share and enjoy it! All you have to do is forward your Wednesday morning email to them so they have the share list, and maybe remind them to pick up!
- Change the date you want to pick up. Login to your Harvie account, go to My Deliveries, find the delivery date you want to switch and select Change Date, Click the Date Box and choose the new date to reschedule, Click "Save new date" button to complete (want more tutorials? check out the Harvie FAQs HERE)
Breaking NEWS! We are doing a Winter CSA in 2019!
We will be offering a 10 week Winter CSA starting in mid-January and running through late March!
What will be in the Winter CSA??
- Storage roots: think carrots, beets, turnips, radishes, potatoes, sweet potatoes
- Storage brassicas: think cabbage, kohlrabi, napa
- Fresh brassicas: fresh kale from the high tunnelFresh greens: think spinach, salad mix, lettuce and bok choy
- Fresh micro greens: think micro salad mix, and our whole lineup of super nutritious micros and shoots
- Awesome add-ons from local producers: think bread share, cheese share, egg share, coffee share, tea share and more!
This first year is a bit of trial and error so you would have to be excited about the challenge of Winter CSA, but as we hone our growing and storing skills we think the Winter CSA can evolve into an amazing diversity of local food for most of the year!
Think you are brave enough to give it a go? Winter CSA Shares open November 30th! Stay tuned for more details...