As they say, you can take the boy out of the county,
But you cannot take the "country" out of the boy!
Farmer Phil's younger brother re-lived his love of farm fresh veggies,
by spending time together with us in the packing barn.
BECAUSE, Sweet Corn season is in full swing!
Speaking of corn...
Here is a Sneak Preview of how we lay out the Corn Maze Design.
It takes a lot of communication.
Listen, to the left and right signals in the video.
If you look real close at the map Farmer Phil is holding,
you'll find out what the design is for 2019 Corn Maze & Barnyard Fun.
BUT, It's not always veggie work around here.
We got a little corny, Celebrating Birthday Week with two of our hard working farmhands.
"Healthy soil makes healthier veggies, which makes a healthier you." - Farmer, Phil Riehm.
[RPFarm FALL/WINTER VEGGIE BOXES]
Would you like to be included?
If so, keep an eye out for a special email from us, soon!
Here are some details:
- An extra full canvas bag of fresh and storage vegetables "enough to use for (2) weeks" since most of the veggies like carrots and potatoes keep well.
- You will have the opportunity to make adjustments each delivery as well as order extra just like you do now. Our seasonal vegetables are sweeter and more flavorful when the cold temperatures hit.
- Delivered twice a month. Season includes 8 pick-ups from November to February. Beets, Bok Choy, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Carrots, Kale, Lettuce, Sweet potatoes, Fall squash, Kohlrabi, Spinach, Brussels sprouts, Leeks/onion, Cabbage, Potato, Kalettes and a few choice Herbs.
- Limited pick-up locations.
- We decrease the number of farm shares in the Fall/Winter shares. So don't hesitate to sign up early!
If you DID NOT have a Fall/Winter share last year you will need to sign up on-line.
Registration will open soon!
FOR THOSE WHO "ADDED-ON" TO YOUR SHARES "WHEN YOU SIGNED UP",
AUGUST 19 - 24
FRUIT FORECAST PREDICTION - Riehm's own Cantaloupe, or Peaches or Nectarines.
BREAD SHARES - This delivery is Sunflower Seed. YUM! Because there are no preservatives... Think about putting half of the loaf into the freezer and thaw when you're finished eating the first half.
COFFEE OF-THE-MONTH SHARES - This delivery is from Columbia. It is a light/medium roast coffee that has a slightly sweet, fruity taste in the cup!
Phil, John & Diane,
“We help busy people get weekly, farm fresh meals on the table so they feel healthy and full of ideas as to what’s for dinner.”