Greetings Farm Fans!
This is a transition week for our farm share! We have a few new items that are listed for the first time (available in limited quantity) with more right around the corner. Also - this is the last week for a few of the early varieties - so time to stock up before these are gone for the year!
*** New This Week ***
- Dill Sprigs from Salisha's Delicious
- Purple Daikon Radishes from Desert Farming Initiative
- Chamomile, Calendula, and Borage from Fisk Farms (drop some of these beautiful blossoms into your ice cube tray for a stunning drink garnish)!
- Gold Nugget Tomatoes from Lattin Farms - grown in the dirt and kissed by the sun
- Dino (Lacinato) Kale from Desert Farming Initiative
*** Last of the Season ***
- Mustard Green Bouquets from 2 Ravens Ranch - gone til the fall
- Green Garlic from Lattin Farms - this is it for the year!
- Cherries from Cherry Dog Orchard - the most delicious things aren't meant to last
Let's talk Collard Greens! I have noticed that some of you are a little reticent to try out a bunch of collards! These dark green bunches are delicious and chock full of vitamins and nutrients. They are also VERY easy to prepare! Like most other hearty greens, my favorite way of preparing them is to simply slice or chop them up, sweat them down with garlic in olive oil, then finish with a squeeze of lemon and some diamond crystal salt. But they are quite versatile as well. Here are some recipe ideas:
- Brazilian Collard Greens
- Southern Style Collard Greens
- Serious Eats take on Collard Greens
- Southern Comfort Soup
- Mediterranean Stuffed Collard Greens
I hope that you all consider giving these spectacular greens a try!
Thank you for your support of Nevada Farmers!