Hope everyone had a fabulous 4th of July!
Here are some updates:
- PEACHES are here!!! This week you will see peaches in your share, but please note that these are not the free stone peaches, just eating peaches. (Free stone peaches are the best for canning)
- New items: blueberries, rainbow carrots, peaches
- Coming soon: okra, mushrooms, raspberries, more squash varieties
- New location: We will now be offering Daniel as a pickup location at the GRB!
- Substitutes: We really appreciate everyone being patient and understanding with us and our farmers. This heat has been no joke for a lot of us and that has affected a lot of crops this season. Last week, it affected our nectarines and cherries, so many of you probably saw more apricots and plums to fill in those gaps. We are trying our best to keep to your customizations.
- Wilted greens? Again with this heat, the greens in your produce share can get a little limp. To perk them back up, chop off some of the ends and let them sit in some ice water for a few minutes. This is called "crisping" and it really gives your greens the ultimate crunch.
Thank you all for being such great customers! We love this community and we are so happy to be able to provide fresh and delicious produce to you all. Please reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns.
Have a great week!
Scott and Madeline