As the sun rises on our field, with an orange hue due to the Canada wildfires, it's a reminder that we should take care of our planet and ourselves. Eating more vegetables is an essential part of living a healthy lifestyle, and joining our CSA is a great way to make sure you get the nutrition you need.
You may have been told your entire life - eat more vegetables. Yes, we all should. The delicious meals you are creating fuel your day - and they have more benefits.
- Eating a diet rich in vegetables and fruits can reduce your risk of developing chronic diseases like heart disease, stroke, and some cancers.
- Vegetables are excellent sources of dietary fiber, which plays a crucial role in maintaining a healthy digestive system. Fiber is your friend. Moreover, certain vegetables, such as broccoli, contain specific compounds that support the growth of beneficial gut bacteria, fostering a balanced and diverse microbiota.
- Eating more plant-based foods helps reduce your carbon footprint by cutting down on the emissions associated with agriculture.
- If you are striving to achieve or maintain a healthy weight, vegetables are your best allies. They are naturally low in calories, while being high in fiber and water content. Incorporating vegetables into your meals can promote a feeling of fullness and satisfaction, helping you reduce your calorie intake without sacrificing nutrition. Additionally, their vibrant colors and textures can make your meals more visually appealing and enjoyable.
- Our CSA is committed to using sustainable growing practices that don't harm the environment. Supporting small-scale farms helps preserve farmland, and promotes biodiversity.
We're showing a picture of a farm share salad that looks decadent - and it takes about 10 minutes to prepare. We are doing our part to grow real food for your table in a sustainable way as we all feel the impact of our neighbors and the power of nature itself.