Welcome to the first week of the Rise 'N Shine Main CSA Season!
There's a few important things to remember when picking up.
- Look for the box with your name on it and only take that one.
- If it says 1/2 or 2/2 that means you have 2 boxes and need to look for the second one.
- Only take eggs from the cooler if they are listed on your label. If they are not listed then we did not send you any and you were not charged for them.
- Return your packaging at your next delivery (broken down boxes, pint containers, insulated bags, egg cartons, etc). Some people transfer their items to their own bags at delivery so they don't have to keep up with the boxes.
- Be careful not to rip the tabs on the boxes when you break them down. Ripped tabs make them unusable. Here's a quick video that shows how to break them down. (The man in the video is not me.) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykUjnZZHY6o&feature=related
- Only return Rise N Shine packaging. No containers or egg cartons, etc from the grocery store or other farms.
- Stack returned items neatly and help us keep the pick up locations tidy so we don't wear out our welcome.
Covid 19 Precautions
On the farm my team is trained in washing hands properly, we monitor health, wear masks in the packing barn, practice social distancing and use hand sanitizer and gloves when hand washing is not an option.
Here are some things we ask you to do at pick up to help limit the spread of Covid 19.
- Wear a mask or face covering if you have one.
- Wash hands prior to coming to pick up and use hand sanitizer, wipes or gloves prior to grabbing your box.
- Practice social distancing at pick up. Give people who arrived prior to you time and space to gather their things.
- Do not congregate in front of the boxes.
- Do not touch your face.
- Do not come get your box if you are sick or someone in your house is sick. Arrange for someone else to pick it up for you.
- Follow these precautions recommended by the CDC.
That's a lot of bullet points!! Sorry! News and pictures from the farm will be in future Farm Happenings. We have lots of great crops planted and and great things coming in. Enjoy your share of the harvest!