Harvie Pittsburgh is a local foods home delivery service based in Lawrenceville, PA. Founded in 2020 with a mission to make it as simple as possible for families to have access to local foods, Harvie Pittsburgh is a full grocery model that emphasizes customization and convenience.
About the Position
We are looking for smart and motivated individuals who want to work in a start-up food hub environment as a Fulfillment Associate. Each week the Harvie crew works together in our Pittsburgh warehouse space to aggregate products from our farm and producer partners and create customized grocery boxes for customers. Products include produce, eggs, milk, cheese, bread, meat, flowers, and many other items to create a full grocery experience. Unlike a physical grocery store, all boxes are delivered to member homes, so you won’t have any customer interaction throughout your day. Steps for advancement on our hourly career ladder are discussed in regular one on one meetings.
- Efficiently pack unique grocery boxes with products in your zone based on member labels.
- Assist receiving and inventory teams in offloading delivery trucks with products into the warehouse.
- Arrange incoming deliveries in designated storage areas: cooler, freezer, and dry storage.
- Perform warehouse duties using pallet jacks and forklifts, following safety protocol.
- Locate and extract products from shelves and storage areas using FIFO (first in first out).
- Inspect products for damage, flaws, and irregularities and report any findings to the Quality Control Lead
- Adhere to state health and internal safety practices
- Seeking full-time employees in Pittsburgh, PA
- Compensation begins at $15/hour with opportunities for growth
- Benefits include:
- Health insurance: medical, dental, and vision
- Paid time off: vacation, sick, and floating holidays of your choice
- 30% off your own Harvie box!
- 401k with up to 4% company matching
- Paid parental leave
- Paid lunch breaks
- Typical shifts: Monday 9am-4pm and Tues – Fri 7am – 3pm
- Experience in fast-paced production facilities, grocery stores, or restaurants
- A connection to agriculture and interested in supporting local farms
- Able to do physical, repetitive tasks that involve some heavy lifting and maneuvering on a warehouse floor
- Reliable and efficient worker with an extremely high attention to detail
- Motivated to communicate and work well with a team
- Familiar with various types of produce and farm products
- Able to be compliant with our mandatory vaccination policy
Follow this link to our application form: https://airtable.com/shr48yrV6PeEEmXQm