Join our growing team to help Pittsburghers get locally sourced groceries delivered!
Harvie Pittsburgh is a local foods home delivery service based in Lawrenceville, PA. Founded in 2020 with a mission to make it as simple as possible for families to have access to local foods, Harvie Pittsburgh is a full grocery model that sources from small farms and artisans as locally as possible. Check us out at eatharvie.com! Get to know the team at https://eatharvie.com/behindthebox!
About the Position
We are looking for smart and motivated individuals who want to work in a start-up food hub environment as a Fulfillment Associate. Each week the Harvie crew works together in our Pittsburgh warehouse space to aggregate products from our farm and producer partners and create customized grocery boxes for customers. Products include produce, eggs, milk, cheese, bread, meat, flowers, and many other items to create a full grocery experience. Unlike a physical grocery store, all boxes are delivered to member homes, so you won’t have any customer interaction throughout your day. Steps for advancement on our hourly career ladder are discussed in regular one on one meetings.
- Pack unique grocery boxes with products in your zone based on member labels.
- Assist receiving and inventory teams in offloading delivery trucks with products into the warehouse.
- Arrange incoming deliveries in designated storage areas: cooler, freezer, and dry storage.
- Perform warehouse duties using pallet jacks and forklifts, following safety protocol.
- Set up, locate, and extract products from shelves and storage areas using FIFO (first in first out).
- Sort returned packaging material from previous delivery day
- Inspect products for damage, flaws, and irregularities and report any findings to the Inventory Lead
- Adhere to state health and internal safety practices
- Seeking full or part-time employees in Pittsburgh, PA
- Compensation begins at $15/hour
- Typical full-time shift: Tuesday-Fridays 6/7 am – 3 pm with availability every other Sunday
- Part-time shift: Tuesday-Friday mornings or afternoons only
- Benefits include:
- Health insurance: medical, vision and dental covered at 70% by Harvie
- Paid time off: vacation, personal, and floating holidays of your choice
- Paid lunch breaks
- 401k with up to 4% company matching
- Paid parental leave
- 30% off your own weekly grocery box!
- Experience in fast-paced production facilities, grocery stores, or restaurants
- A connection to agriculture and interested in supporting local farms
- Able to do physical, repetitive tasks that involve some heavy lifting and maneuvering on a warehouse floor
- Reliable and efficient worker with an extremely high attention to detail
- Motivated to communicate and work well with a team
- Familiar with various types of produce and farm products
- Able to be compliant with our mandatory vaccination policy