Harvie is seeking part-time interns for our Harvie Farm Team! Farm Team members will act as independent farm-to-fork sales representatives and help connect consumers to farms in the Pittsburgh area including Cherry Valley Organic Farm, Who Cooks For You, Harvest Valley Farm, Rivendale Farms, and more.
We are looking for motivated, energetic, and dedicated individuals to connect the Pittsburgh community, workplaces, employees and consumers to our Pittsburgh area Harvie farms by building relationships both on and offline. You will get as much or as little as you put into this position. For example – just want to share information on your blog in a more traditional “affiliate”style? We have a place for you. Have some extra time and really want to engage with your community one on one about farm-to-fork eating? You’ll be rewarded for that as well!
We want to work with people who can answer yes to most of these questions:
- Do you vote with your dollar by supporting your local farmers?
- Are you always telling family and friends about the importance of local food?
- Are you considered the “go-to” person in your crowd when it comes to health and local food questions?
- Do you enjoy working with people and building relationships?
- Do you already have a platform to spread the local food word on your blog, Instagram, Facebook or LinkedIn?
Ways to Participate:
Engagement Level = Low
Income Potential = Varies depending on number of followers
Are you active on social media with a high number of followers? Do you have a health or wellness related blog? Want to blog about farm shares and share recipes? We’ll give you a customized link to track back sales to your social media and blog activities!
Engagement Level = Medium
Income Potential = Medium- High
Research, identify and build relationships with community members and organizers, put up posters, distribute literature and table at health and food related events in predetermined areas.
WORKPLACE SALES/LOCATION COORDINATOR
Engagement Level = High
Income Potential = Medium – High
Research, identify and build relationships with HR managers, wellness program managers, office managers or business owners to develop a farm share pick up location. This could include cold calling, setting up and attending meetings, doing educational presentations, securing location sites and promoting membership. Potential to help establish workplace farm share programs, staff a workplace pick up location and act as the point of contact for the farm and members. Other duties may be needed and will be assigned by the farm.
What you get:
- 10 percent commission first year/5 percent commission second year directly linked back to your sales efforts.
- Potential for a comped farm share based on a minimum sales requirement
- Earn other Harvie gear (hats, hoodies, t-shirts, mugs, etc.)
- Weekly calls with other Harvie Farm Team members
- Private Facebook Group with other Harvie Farm Team members
- A dedicated Program Manager to help you succeed
- Tool kits to help in the sales process
- Customized tracking link to track back sales directly to you
Other position details:
- Work as little or as much as you want
- Independent contractor position paid on commision as a percentage of sales
- Must be able to do on-farm visits as part of the onboarding process
Fill out the application here. Our program manager will be in touch with you!