Harvie (http://harvie.farm) is a Pittsburgh-based company that connects local consumers with local farmers across the U.S., Canada, and Australia who deliver shares of farm fresh products customized to their personal preferences.
Our company was started in 2006 to meet the technology and marketing needs of local farmers across the US, Canada, and internationally and has served 1000’s of farms in the last 13 years. The Harvie platform was introduced in late 2016 to address the changing landscape of food buying and to help farmers grow sales and profit by making local food more accessible through a customer friendly CSA / farm share model. The concept has grown rapidly. In 2019, Harvie will help 100 farmers deliver over 500,000 farm shares with much more growth planned in 2020 and beyond.
Harvie is a small team of 15 smart, dedicated individuals. We are an innovative, fast-moving, and fast-growing company.
We are looking for a software product manager with strong UI/UX skills to take feedback from throughout the company, talk to farmers, and talk to customers to build out our technical roadmap. As with any small team, you will wear many hats and we will expect you to build a product team as we grow.
- Talk to other Harvie team members, farmers, and end-consumers to understand their challenges
- Integrate feedback from across Harvie to develop technical road map
- Write detailed specifications that can be handed off to developers
- Evaluate success of features after they are released
- Coordinate QA testing of new releases
- UI/UX experience is a plus
- In essence, guide product features through their entire creative cycle: ideation, specification, development, release, analysis, and iteration
- Full-time position with some flexibility (40 hours/week)
- Competitive salary adjusted upward with experience
- Health benefits, retirement plan, and paid vacation
- Harvie farm share paid for by the company and delivered to the office by Rivendale Farms!
- Office on North Shore of Pittsburgh, 10 minute walk from downtown, free parking
- Relaxed dress code and office environment
- Equal Opportunity Employer
- Experience generating outstanding results as a Product Manager
- A desire to grow the local food market
- Ability to utilize user insights, data, and statistical analyses to inform decisions
- An instinct for creating simple and intuitive user experiences
- Proven ability to learn quickly
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful and innovative
- Experience leading projects and teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Design, Psychology, or a related field
Send resume and cover letter in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Product at Harvie”.