Harvie (http://harvie.farm) connects local consumers with local farmers. Harvie is revolutionizing how local food is distributed by relentlessly focusing on the consumer experience. We believe that it should be as easy to buy local food as it is buy from Amazon.com.
Our company was started in 2006 to meet the technology and marketing needs of local farmers across the US, Canada, and internationally and has served 1000’s of farms in the last 14 years. The Harvie platform was introduced in late 2016 to address the changing landscape of food buying and to help farmers grow sales and profit by making local food more accessible. In 2020, Harvie will help 200 farmers serve approximately 100,000 end consumers.
About the Position
In the business development role at Harvie you will be responsible for prospecting, consulting with, and bringing new farms and distributors on to the platform. You will need to learn about the platform quickly and communicate effectively with prospects. You need to qualify leads and only bring the best suppliers on to the platform that will be good long-term partners for Harvie’s growth. You are the front line of Harvie so you need to communicate what you learn, objections, and potential growth opportunities back to the product team, the success team, and leadership. You will work directly with Harvie’s CEO, Simon Huntley, to achieve the sales goals.
- Quickly become an expert on what Harvie can do for farms and distributors
- Identify new prospects and respond to inbound requests
- Qualify leads and lead them through the decision making process
- Hit daily, weekly, and quarterly sales activity goals
- Record all sales activity in our CRM
- Communicate with success, product, and leadership on how to improve the overall quality of the service
- Full-time position
- Salary range: $50,000-75,000 + goal bonus
- Health benefits, retirement plan, and paid vacation
- Harvie farm share paid for by the company!
- Work remote at your home office
- Remote work office stipend
- Equal Opportunity Employer
- Ability to explain technical concepts in a non-technical manner
- Amazing writing skills
- Comfortable running demos and speaking on the phone
- You have the hustle to consistently build your pipeline, close deals, and hit goals
- You have experience in a fast-paced sales environment
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and handle time effectively
- Not afraid to take risks
- You will start outreach on Day 1 at Harvie!
- You are relentless, but not annoying
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Business Development at Harvie”.